Saturday, December 12, 2009

USING THE POWER WITHIN TO GET WHAT YOU WANT!


USING THE POWER WITHIN
Part One


DEVELOP THE POWER OF YOUR MIND TO CREATE THAT WHICH YOU DESIRE!


The power of the mind is incredible! Just imagine what you can do if you learn to strengthen it! You CAN!

I believe that we all possess an internal energy force…or ‘chi,’ And it’s been my experience many, many times, that I can use that internal power to create an external, or physical manifestation of what I desire. What you truly believe…is what you get!

My first discovery of this was my Olympic gold medal win. I ‘believed’ I was good enough, strong enough, fast enough. I believed I was the better fighter! Since then I have used it over and over again. Let me explain…

For example, when I worked full-time in the film business in Los Angeles, I used it all the time. When we work, doing stunts on films, it requires a tremendous amount of energy. There are often long hours, little sleep, physical and mental demands. And of course the job requires constant awareness of what is going on around you.

When I work, I want to make sure that my actress is safe. I want to help my boss and comrades with whatever needs to be done, without being told. I’m constantly watching everything going on to ensure that I’m not needed in some capacity, and to ensure others safety.

The bottom line, is that you end up giving 100% energy 24/7! It’s like being on a constant adrenaline high. Sometimes we work for a day, a week, three weeks, and I’ve worked films that were 3, 4, and 6 months long! So when I come off of a film, I have discovered that there are often times where my energy level crashes after that constant adrenaline charge.

At first I used to fret about this, but I finally figured out, that it’s OK to let myself unwind…sleep… ‘veg out’…and do what I have to do to recharge my internal energy force.

Now the tricky thing about our business is that there are always 10 people and more waiting in line to take YOUR job. There’s a lot of talent…and often, not enough work to go around. And we get hired, generally through a simple phone call, asking if we are ‘available.’ If we miss that call, if we don’t return the call immediately, our boss moves on to the next person in line and calls them. You LOSE!

And the thing is…if you get calls, and start turning down the work, you are often crossed off their list, since it appears that you don’t want the job bad enough…when there are others starving for work! And if you turn down work for ‘them’…they will often discourage their buddies from calling you also!

And the more you DO work, the more you are show-casing your skills and professionalism, and the more you are in the fore-front of people’s minds. “Hey…you need a tall, thin blond? I just worked with Dana on XYZ. Why don’t you call her!”

Needless to say, in the film business, we become seriously attached to our phones and we become neurotic about NOT TURNING DOWN A JOB!

Only…we all need a break from time to time, to recharge our energy. What do you do? In my case, I learned to use the power of my mind, my internal energy, to create an external manifestation of what I wanted.

I discovered, that when I set my mind to the thinking of “Time-out!” “I need a break!” that phone would stop ringing. And when I switched my thoughts to “Ok…I’m ready to go!” “I’m going to get a phone call!” That phone would start ringing again.

This was not something ‘random.’ Once I got it down, it worked for me the entire time I was doing stunts full-time, for over 12 years! And I could go ‘play’ up in the mountain at my cabin for THREE WEEKS, and the day or so that I switched that power switch to the ‘ON’ position…I would get that next phone call! Bizarre? I don’t think so.

Yet the trick to this that I discovered through trial and error is, (#1) That you need to build up the power of your mind through training, just like an athlete does to prepare for a competition. And (#2), you have to truly BELIEVE in what you want to happen. When I ‘want’ something, but don’t believe it 100%, it doesn’t happen!

Imagine this…that the universe is made up of trillions of ‘molecules’ of energy. Everything you could possibly imagine exists within those cells of energy. Now…what if you could just reach out, grab that energy, and use it to create whatever you desired? Wouldn’t we all be richer, stronger, and happier? You can. I proved it to myself, and I’d like for YOU to prove it to yourself. To get started, you can learn to develop and strengthen the power of your mind through meditation and visualization. In a little while, I’ll talk you through this and show you how!

Dana's short video of car hits, and such on Block-Buster films! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4OtAPYAL3A

No comments:

Post a Comment