Sunday, December 27, 2009

Experiencing Physical Pain Due To Stress? Feeling a Loss of Chi?


A friend asked me today, what can he do about his back pain. He felt that the pain was being caused by stress, and that his energy flow was being blocked as a result. I thought I'd post my response, in case there are others out there experiencing this. And I encourage your thoughts and feedback on what he can do to help himself!
dana
------------

My friend,

I'm sorry to hear of your concerns. Yes it's possible your back is related to stress. It's possible that the real issue is not in your back, but elsewhere. And you may need some physical manipulation to help unblock the problem. Please do talk with Dr. Mark Cheng in my FB circle. Tell him you're a friend of mine. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the feedback you get from him. Chung Hwa Institute www.chung-hua.com/ Dr. Cheng with Kettlebells kettlebellslosangeles.blogspot.com/

As for me...I have found different things can help alievate stress. The number one thing, is often...making a 'change' in direction or a change in goals. If after 'hitting my head on the kitchen window' far too many times, I know I need to take a step back and look at the situation and re-assess whether it's 'viable' or not. Once I make a change...that usually helps to take some of the pressure off.


As for physically, I do find a good workout can do it. Though these days, I prefer going for a good hike w/my dogs or a long ride out in the beautiful places. It gives me a sense of 'clearing.'

I also find that our effectiveness and use of chi...is tied up in maintaining a proper balance for ourselves. If we put out/give out a lot of energy, but do nothing to regenerate our own soul...then we are working with our cup being half empty, instead of full.

So I find that some very simple things that don't require much time or energy can truly help. Things like being outside for 10-15 minutes a day (sunshine, fresh air)...playing with my dogs for 10 minutes...watching something on TV/Video that will make me laugh...meditating/visualization, or just listening to soothing music for 10 minutes can also help And for me...I also like putting on some fun/cool music and dancing, when no one is watching. lol (meditative breathing exercise http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvdiMjSgItg )

The question is...what is it that makes you relax, smile, feel 'free?' Find it...and start doing those small, simple things.

Hope that helps in some small way!

Let me know if you have any problem contacting Mark. I'll have him call you.

God Bless!

Dana
www.GreatThingsArePossible.com
http://www.greatthingsarepossible.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment